Survey Planning Support Specialist
ACTeQ is a privately held company in the business of providing 3D seismic survey planning software (TesserACT) and survey design services to oil & gas companies, geophysical service providers and consultants. The company is over 2 years old, based in Katy, Texas. The company was profitable in its 2nd year of operation, and plans significant growth in year 3.
The successful candidate will
- Have an advanced level knowledge of the principles of land, marine and seabed seismic acquisition.
- Be comfortable working in a small company environment. (“Not my job does not work around here.”)
- Possess a strong customer focus with vision and creative problem-solving skills.
- Have the integrity required to protect our clients’ proprietary technologies.
Product Development, Sales & Marketing
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Become a TesserACT “superuser”
- Assist customers with technical support issues and survey planning activities.
- Provide feedback and testing on Beta releases of TesserACT
- Identify user needs and feedback to Product Development
- Provide technical support to sales including demonstrations, trial installations and basic training (live and via internet)
- Deliver advanced training courses
- Actively engage clients to assess their training needs and make recommendations
- On site (including field crew) installation, training and technical support
Attributes Required :
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Drives for results with passion and energy and maintains accountability for all work products.
- Understands the 80% / 20% rule to avoid overanalyzing before acting.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment while providing a high level of customer service.
- Is self-directed and able to work autonomously and within teams to meet required deadlines.
Preferred Skills Profile :
- Bachelor’s degree in Geophysics, Math, Physics, or other related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working within the seismic industry.
- Working knowledge of seismic data processing, including in-field and office based data processing workflows.
- Effective communication/presentation/facilitation skills (oral and written).
- Ability to think logically, critically, and constructively about complex problems, clearly communicate findings of analysis, and propose solutions that address expressed needs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with the ability to work in the US without sponsorship.